There are multiple supported ways to upgrade the ZEBRA FX Series RFID readers.
Method 1 – USB Flash Drive:
This is the recommended method. Unzip images and copy to a USB drive. Connect USB drive to the FX Series reader. Upgrade will automatically start in 7-10 seconds.
Method 2 – 123RFID Desktop:
Zebra 123RFID Desktop utility can be used to update the firmware on FX Series readers using a simple and intuitive 3 step process.
The latest 123RFID Desktop can be downloaded from:
Refer to the video for help on updating the reader firmware using 123RFID Desktop:
Method 3 – Web Interface:
- Copy images to the local drive of a local PC, log in to the reader, select ‘File based upgrade’ on reader upgrade webpage,
- Enter username and password of reader.
- Select image to upgrade from the local PC.
- Click ‘Start upgrade’.
- If the reader firmware is older than version 2.7.19, please ensure to execute a two-step update. First update to version 2.7.19 and then to this new version.
Method 4 – FTP Server:
- Copy images to an FTP server. Navigate to the reader upgrade webpage and select ‘FTP upgrade’ page.
- Enter username and password of the FTP server.
- ‘Start upgrade’.
- FTP/SCP/FTPS server can be used to upgrade the readers.
- 123RFID can also be used to upgrade multiple readers with a single operation.
ZEBRA RFID FX7500 and FX9600 firmware 3.21.23 (13-September-2022)
Main Issues Addressed in 3.21.23 over 3.21.21 and Known Issues.
ZEBRA RFID FX7500 and FX9600 firmware 3.21.21 (31-August-2022)
Main ENHANCEMENTS / CHANGES in 3.21.21 over 3.10.30 and Issues Addressed in 3.21.21 over 3.10.30.
ZEBRA RFID FX7500 and FX9600 firmware 3.10.30 (10-February-2022)
Main ENHANCEMENTS / CHANGES in 3.10.30 over 3.9.16 and Issues Addressed in 3.10.30 over 3.9.16.